There are a few reasons why your total raised might change, it can go up when a donation gets added but can also go down.
When you shop with a retailer through easyfundraising we track your visit and as soon as we get confirmation from them that you have shopped we show the donation you could receive, this is step 1 as outlined below with the following steps that take place:
- Tracked - the visit to the retailer has tracked and a pending donation has been added to your account.
- Returns and Cancellations - the retailer will now give you an opportunity to return or cancel your order. Typically, you've got 30 days but this can be much longer for example if its a holiday that isn't due to take place for a few months.
- Retailer Review - Once the window to return your goods or cancel your order has passed, the retailer will run a brief check to ensure your purchase meets their terms and conditions.
- Confirmed - After their checks have been completed, the retailer will send us an update on the status of your donation. If everything is ok, this will be 'confirmed' the final step then is for the donation to be paid to us by the retailer. Once we have been paid for it, the donation will be ready to pay to your cause in the next payment run.
If something isn't quite right we will be updated and the donation will be marked as reversed. The most common reasons for this are:
- Items were returned
- The order was cancelled
- A voucher code was used that wasn't shown on easyfundraising
- There was something in the terms and conditions that wasn't met - you can check the specifics on the retailer's easyfundraising page.
If none of these reasons apply, please use the link next to the donation on your Donation History page to let us know and we will contact the network for you to find out what's happened.